Thursday 5 July 2012

Florence + The Machine @ M.E.N Arena

Florence was amazinggggg.
I was really lucky actually because my friend is such a massive fan of them she decided to get to the M.E.N about 9 hours before the show actually started so I came in 2 minutes before the doors opened, jumped in line with them and got on the barrier. That is how you do it.
She had two support acts who were Spector and The Horrors. I had only heard one Spector song before that night which was 'Chevy Thunder' but they were so so much better than The Horrors! I couldn't even hear them, well I could hear them but it was just noise. There was no tune to it and the lead singer was just mumbling.
Anyway, Flo came on in a floaty cloak type thing that was absolutely gorgeous and sang most of her new album and about 5 off 'Lungs' I have never heard such an amazing voice. As we were so close to her it did feel really intimate as we didn't really think of the 12,000 people behind us. I didn't want it to end and it was definately one of the best gigs i've been to!

No comments:

Post a Comment