Tuesday 21 August 2012

Estocada/Something Good - New Alt J



I got really confused - although it doesn't take much. As to why I heard this new release today on the radio from Alt J, but the name had changed from Estocada (which it is on the album) to Something Good. Then I realised that Estocada must be something to do with bull riding because of the line 'Matador, estocada, you're my blood sport'
Anyway, its odd and they probably changed the name to make it more relatable as estocada is a spanish word that means stab/lunge.

That was a load of information that you probably didn't need to know.


3 comments:

  1. This is cool info actually, I was wondering why I had this track called "Estocada" while it's named "Something Good" everywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually very helpful. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Estocada can also mean thrust so take that as you will, personally I think it introduces more a sexual connotation to the song idk.

    ReplyDelete