Thursday 6 December 2012

Childhood Albums

 
These three albums were my absolute favourite when I was younger. The latter maybe being more obvious for an 8 year old girl. I just used to listen to all the music my dad did and now we have exactly the same music taste, he even came with me to see Arctic Monkeys. I got my first IPod around this age as well and I must have played Morrissey's You Are The Quarry so many times on it. I didn't realise the depressing connotations then though as I used to run around singing 'How Could Anybody Know How I Feel' and 'The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores' - I bet people thought I was such a strange child.
KT Tunstall's Eye To The Tellescope also got played to the death. I used to love this album so so much. I found the CD the other day and it has just completely fallen apart. I always remember one horrible moment in my life when one of my friends came round from Primary school and I had it playing on my little pink stereo (I was so cool back in the day) She threw it across the room because she didn't like it - and put Mika on instead! I could have killed her. She likes Drake now anyway so look whos music taste turned out better.
You always had to choose, Busted or McFly. A bit like the whole 'One Direction and The Wanted' spat. It was always Busted. I also found this recently and was over the moon because I thought it had been thrown away. I think my brother actually liked them more than me, when we listened to it the other day he knew EVERY word. I vividly remember the day they split up. I was sat at my dining room table with my Dad and Grandad and there was a double page spread on it, I hated Charlie Simpson after that day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment