Monday 3 December 2012

Stupid Things That Stupid People Do At Gigs

 
I was inspried to write this whilst at The Heartbreaks' gig a couple of weeks ago and if you read my post on that then you'll know that the crowd were at their worst, so I thought I would run through some gig etiquette.
 
1. I don't mind people taking photos during gigs because we all do it - I only do it for this blog so I can prove that I actually went. But when you whip out your IPad and hold it up for the ENTIRE gig, I just want to punch you. It baffles me why some people pay to go to a gig when they could watch blurry footage in the comfort of their own home on YouTube? This happened to me when I saw Ellie Goulding and Nada Surf last month. SO ANNOYING.
2. Farting. Farting in a large crowd should be illegal. You can't move to catch your breath. Why do people think that this is acceptable? You have a couple thousand people surrounding you and the farts have nowhere to go.
3. You get to the show early. You get a good spot in the crowd - somewhere in the center, near the front of the stage. You're happy for 15 or 20 minutes then a late-arriving straggler is coming from behind. There's little you can do to stop them. Now, instead of watching the band, you're counting hairs on the back of your rival's head. In my case this is even worse because i'm a short arse at 5ft 3 and can hardly see anything anyway!

These are just a few of the things that irritate me at gigs, i'm sure there are a lot more!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment