Thursday 23 August 2012

V Festival 2012!

 
Emeli Sande on The Main Stage

I was lucky enough to get tickets to V Festival Chelmsford last weekend and I can honestly say I had the best time EVER. I saw so many acts that I have wanted to see for ages and they were all amazing! (I also blogged about my camping experience at V which you can see here)
We entered in the arena at around 11am so we had time to look around and get our bearings, I then realised how far the walk would be between each stage - my poor feet.

Ben Howard on the 4Music Stage
The first act we saw was The Inspiral Carpets, they were quite good but had a different singer to the past few years who didn't sound as good as the usual. I had to see Clint Boon though!
Also I saw Emeli Sande for the third time, and although the best I saw her was at Radio 1s Hackney Weekend and you can tell how big she has gotten since then! The crowd sang every word as her voice filled the Main Stage - the Olympic Ceremony has definitely been a massive platform for her!
Also on that day I saw Labrinth, Newton Faulkner, NGHFB, The Stone Roses and my favey Ben Howard! He was INCREDIBLE (I was one of those geeks who sing every word and annoy the people around them) I loved how through the whole set he was genuinely happy and looked like he couldn't believe how many people were there! I'm even more excited for his tour in November now!
NGHFB on the Main Stage
Newton Faulkner in The Arena Tent
The Stone Roses on the Main Stage
 
The Second day brought a load more amazing acts such as:
 
Stooshie - They were really good! I was shocked as their songs sound so much better live.
Olly Murs - I have seen this man so many times I couldn't tell you, he seemed so happy to be playing in his home town though!
Miles Kane - Honestly incredible, he got the whole crowd going singing along to songs such as 'Inhaler' and 'Come Closer' I would definitely want to see him again!
The Enemy - I don't get this band, they have a few good songs but theres just something about them I really don't like
Frank Turner - This was just a massive sing along which I always enjoy, would love to see him again!
Noah & The Whale - I was actually really disapointed when this gig had finished because they were just bland. When i've seen them on TV it looked great - maybe they were having a bad day.
The Killers - I loved The Killers before V, and now I am obsessed with them. Brandon Flowers you absolute God. That is all I have to say.
 
Miles Kane on the 4Music Stage




Frank Turner on the 4Music Stage
The Killers on the Main Stage
We also had this delighful sight on the way home of a load of cows going for a walk across a bridge. Why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment