Sunday 17 February 2013

34th Record Of The Week

17th February 2013 Bastille - Pompeii

I'm firstly going to apologise that I haven't done one of these since November, theres no excuse for it I just got extremely lazy.
 
But i'm going to kick off 2013's ROTW with a band that i'm loving so so much at the moment. Bastille's album comes out March 4th and i've even got it written in my diary so i'm prepared, I haven't been this excited about a band in ages!
 
Like in many Bastille songs i've heard you can hear the prominant contrast between Dan Smith's lowering tone rolling over an amazing instrumental, this makes it (I think anyway) one of the brightest pop songs you'll hear in a while.
 
Bastille will shortly be coming to Manchester which I missed out on getting tickets for. Gutted.

No comments:

Post a Comment